EDS Personal Data Policy
This personal data policy describes, among other things, how your personal data will be processed when you use EDS forwarder services, and visit www.expressdelivery.se/en or contact us. It also describes your rights and how you can assert your rights.
EDS is responsible for how your personal data is processed by us, in accordance with this policy. You can always expect your personal data to be processed in a secure and respectful manner. You can contact us at any time if you have any questions about your personal data or this personal data policy. You can email us at email@example.com or call 0103 – 30 30 90.
Personal information collected about you
EDS may collect and process various types of personal data about you, for example in connection with you booking a transport or contacting us. For example, EDS may process the following categories of personal information about you:
- Contact information, such as name, email, phone number and address.
- Account information, such as name, photo, email, phone number and password.
- Booking information, such as your booking history and other information about shipments that you book with us via email and / or telephone.
- Company information, for example information about the company you work for (typically your employer), such as company name, your title, workplace and sometimes also information about your authority to represent the company. Register a company account, Get a quote or in your emails to us, or provide us in other ways.
- Device information, such as IP address, language, browser, operating system and screen resolution, as well as information about when and how you use the Website or our transport services.
Sensitive personal data. EDS only collects and processes sensitive personal data (eg data on illness) if it is justified and necessary. Sensitive data will be treated with extra care. As email is not always completely secure, feel free to avoid including sensitive personal information in your emails to us.
How your data is collected
Information that you provide to us.
You typically leave most of all information to us yourself, for example when you register your account in Register Company Account, book a shipment or in connection with your contacts with us.
It is voluntary to provide information to us. However, you must provide some information in order for us to be able to perform the transport services requested by us. Failure to provide the requested information may hinder the performance or delivery of shipments or other services that you or your employer expects of us.
Information collected in other ways.
EDS may also have obtained your contact information from contact information providers, your employer’s website or other public sources. When you visit the Website or use the Company Account, device information is collected from your computer (or mobile device). This information is collected using cookies.
How to use your information
EDS primarily uses your personal information to provide you with the Company Account, to communicate with you and to book and administer your shipments.
EDS processes personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal grounds:
- To enter into and fulfill agreements. Your personal data may be processed to enter into an agreement with you or your employer, as well as to fulfill the agreement. This also includes measures needed to conclude the agreement. It is necessary for EDS to be able to enter into and fulfill agreements with you or your employer as well as for other legitimate interests, including EDS ‘interest in entering into and fulfilling various types of agreements.
- To handle invoices and payments. Your personal data can be used to invoice your employer for completed shipments and other agreed remuneration, for example by entering you as an invoice reference. It is necessary for EDS to be able to charge.
- To conduct customer surveys. Your contact information can be used to conduct customer surveys, for example to hear your thoughts about EDS and our services. It is voluntary to respond to customer surveys. The information collected in connection with customer surveys can, among other things, be used as a basis for EDS ‘legitimate interest in improving our services.
- To market EDS services. Your name and email can be used to send you newsletters, information about our services and invitations to events. This is done with the support of legitimate interests, including EDS ‘interest in marketing our services. If you no longer wish to receive this type of information, you can unregister by following the instructions at the bottom of the email you received from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To follow laws. EDS is obliged to comply with Swedish law. This means that your personal data may sometimes need to be processed to the extent required by law or other legal obligations, for example for reporting to authorities.
- To protect EDS, you and others. EDS may process your personal data if necessary to defend or assert our, your or others’ legal rights, business interests or other legitimate interests. It may be needed, for example, if you or someone else makes a claim against us, for example in connection with any complaints. It is necessary to protect you and others and for other legitimate interests, including EDS ‘interest in being able to respond to claims and complaints.
- To create aggregate statistics. Your personal data (eg booking data and unit information) can be used to create statistics in aggregate form, where the data can not identify you. Statistics can, for example, concern recurring types of bookings, average prices and geographical spread of EDS customers. This is done with the support of legitimate interests, including EDS ‘interests in developing and improving our services.
- To develop and improve the company account service. Unit information and aggregate statistics can be used as a basis for continuing to develop and improve the company account and new services. This is done with the support of legitimate interests, including EDS ‘interests in developing and streamlining the company account and the user experience.
- With your consent. Your personal information can also be used for specific purposes other than those stated above, if you ask us or allow us to do so. For example, EDS may, with your consent, publish a reference you have provided or include you in customer assignment articles to market EDS services.
How your information is shared with others
- EDS may sometimes need to share your personal information with other trusted individuals and companies. For example, your personal information may be shared with:
- People who work with us. Your personal data will be shared with people who work at EDS, but only people who need access to them to be able to perform their work tasks. For example, EDS customer support will be able to access your personal information in order to help you in the best way.
- EDS is part of SPOC Logistics Group AB and the other sister company Sendify AB www.sendify.se. Your personal information may sometimes need to be shared between these group companies, for example for the companies to be able to centralize systems and collaborate with each other.
- Service providers. Your personal information will be shared with selected companies that help us deliver our services and the Website, such as providers of IT and financial services. These companies may only process your personal data in accordance with instructions from us, or to fulfill their legal obligations. EDS only works with serious and carefully selected suppliers, so your personal information is in safe hands. For example, EDS uses Intercom as a customer service system, Surveymonkey for customer surveys and Fortnox helps us send out and make sure you pay your invoices. The service is stored and provided using the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud service platform.
- Suppliers. When you book a shipment with EDS, we will send your booking details (incl. Your contact details, if you have entered yourself as a contact person) to our supplier. The supplier is responsible for personal data for how your personal data is processed by them.
- Authorities and legal contexts. Your personal information may sometimes need to be shared with authorities, courts and other parties. For example, if required by law, in connection with a legal proceeding or to respond to a request from regulatory or other authorities.
- Business transfer. In the future, EDS may, for strategic or business reasons, decide to sell or transfer all or part of the company. As part of such a transaction, your personal information may need to be shared with parties involved in the process.
- Other parties. Your personal information may also be shared with other parties, if you ask us or allow us to do so. For example, you can be included in email conversations with external parties.
Your data can be processed outside the EU / ESS
EDS always strives to process your personal data within the EU / EES. However, your personal data may sometimes need to be transferred to companies outside the EU / EES. For example, your personal information may be transferred to Mailchimp in connection with the sending of newsletters, which will, among other things, process your information in the United States.
You should be aware that other rules may apply to your personal data outside the EU / EES, which can sometimes mean poorer protection. However, EDS will ensure that reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures are in place to ensure that your personal data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection (eg approved standard clauses and so-called Privacy Shield). You can always contact us if you have questions about applicable protective measures.
As long as your information is saved
EDS saves your personal data for as short a time as possible and only as long as it is justified for the purpose of the processing. How long this is can depend on the type of information. The same task can sometimes be saved for different purposes. For example, an item can be saved for invoicing and accounting, even though it has been thinned out for other purposes.
EDS regularly checks the need to save your data, taking into account applicable legal requirements. Generally, your personal data is stored during the contractual period, in other words during the time EDS performs services for you or your employer. Normally, your information also needs to be saved some time afterwards due to possible complaint deadlines. Your Business Account information is stored in our Business Account portal as long as you have your user account.
Personal data processed on the basis of your consent will be deleted if you revoke your consent. Note that this does not affect EDS ‘right to process the data before the recall. Your information may also be stored for a longer period of time if required by law, such as laws on taxation and accounting. In that case, your information will only be used to fulfill these obligations.
It’s your personal information. You therefore have the right to receive information about and influence how your personal data is processed by us. Here is a brief summary of your rights:
- Right to object to treatment. You have the right to object to your personal data being processed for legitimate interests. You can contact us for more information about the balance of interests that has been made.
- Right to access and move your data. You can at any time request a copy of your personal information and information on how it has been collected, used, shared, etc. You sometimes also have the right to transfer your personal data to another personal data controller.
- Right to delete data. You have the right to request that information about you be deleted if the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed, or if there is no legal basis for processing the information.
- Right to correct incorrect information. You have the right to request that incorrect personal information about you be corrected. You also have the right to supplement incomplete personal data.
- Right to restriction. You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted until incorrect information has been corrected or an objection from you has been handled.
- Right to withdraw your consent. You have the right to revoke a consent that you have given us at any time. Note, however, that it does not affect the treatment performed before the recall.
- If you request that EDS restrict or delete your personal data, it may affect or hinder your use of the Business Account portal and / or our services. You should also be aware that there may be legal rules that limit, or extend, your rights. For example, legal obligations may prevent or entitle us not to disclose, delete or relocate parts of your information.
You have the right to contact and complain to the Swedish Data Inspectorate if you believe that your personal data has been handled incorrectly by us. Read more at www.datainspektionen.se. You can also contact the supervisory authority of the country where you live or work.
Updates to the policy
This policy may sometimes need to be changed or updated, for example if features are changed or added to our Business Account portal. If any significant changes are made, you will be informed of this in the Business Account portal or in another suitable way, to give you the opportunity to take a position on the change before it takes effect. You should also read this policy periodically, to ensure that you are aware of any changes that have been made.